Chetana RG Kaasam is an Attorney at Law at the Reston office of Chugh, LLP. Chetana earned her Bachelors of Law degree from NALSAR University of Law, India (2004). She then went on to pursue LLM in International Business Laws from the London School of Economics and Political Science, UK (2005). She then worked with a top national law firm in India in their capital markets/ private equity practice. She obtained her second LLM in Securities and Financial Regulation from Georgetown Law (2009). Chetana also taught US securities laws and Global financial regulation as visiting faculty at her alma mater, NALSAR University of Law, India for a semester (2015). Chetana then served as a Partner at a regional law firm in Hyderabad, India and worked with startups.
As a law student, Chetana interned with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (Corporation Finance), Washington, DC (2009). Further, she also clerked with the Honorable Justice S.N. Variava, who was a Judge of the Supreme Court of India (2003).
- B.L (Hons) from NALSAR University of Law, India
- LLM in International Business Laws from London School of Economics, UK
- LLM in Securities and Financial Regulation from Georgetown University Law Center, USA
Publications as a law student
- Research paper on ‘Further Issue of Capital’, published in the Consolidated Commercial Digest; Volume 7: Part 6 (2004).
- Research paper on ‘Inter-state sale under the Central Sales Tax Act, 1956’, published in the Consolidated Commercial Digest; Volume 6: Part 6 (2003).