Paralegal - Santa Clara
Chugh, LLP is a professional corporation that has been engaged in the practice of law and accounting from 1990. It is a full-service law firm offering services in the areas including, but not limited to, Immigration Law, Arbitration and Dispute Resolution, Bankruptcy Law, Civil Litigation, Corporate Law, Employment Law, Family Law, International Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, Real Estate, Securities, Tax Law, and Commercial Transactions. We are looking for a Paralegal with sound legal knowledge and background.
- Prepare US employment-based, nonimmigrant and some immigrant visa filings to US Department of Labor, US Citizenship and Immigration Services, US Department of State, and US Customs and Border Protection.
- Prepare and compile immigration eligibility documents and analyze individuals’ potential immigration benefits, including H-1B, L-1, EB-1, TN, P-3, EB-5, etc visa processing.
- Drafting/preparing Immigration application/petitions
- Research, Analyze and Interpret applicable legal regulations
- Draft PERM Labor Certification advertisement text, prevailing wage determinations, recruitment documents, and PERM applications, meticulously tracking timelines of each step.
- Draft Letters and Affidavits supporting applications and petitions
- Communicate clearly and effectively, based on attorney advice, on immigration benefits, government procedures, and case processing time lines.
- Assist attorneys with meticulously tracking and reporting on visa expiration dates and filing deadlines.
Education & Skills Required
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Law, or a related field from an accredited college/ university.
- An interest in pursuing business immigration as a career
- Good case management aptitude and analytical skills
- Good independent judgment
- A working and sound knowledge of the application of legal processes
- Demonstrates organizational and technical skills
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize and balance competing demands
Please send resume with cover letter, writing sample and at least three professional references to email@example.com.