Chugh, LLP, a full service law firm witha an accounting and immigration practice, is seeking a motivated immigration paralegal to join the Santa Clara, CA office.
Candidates for this position must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITES:
- Preparation and filing of a variety of visa and labor certification applications, including the B-1 and B-2 business and tourist visas, the EB-2 Employment based visa, the E-1 and E-2 visas for treaty traders and investors, the H-1B, H-2B and H-3 visas for temporary specialty or agricultural workers, the K-1 visas for finaces, the L-1 visas for intra-company transferees, the F-1 and M-1 visas for students, the J-1 visas for exchange visitors and scholars, the O,P or R visas for temporary workers and the Program Electronic Review Management (PERM) labor certification.
- Prepare draft applications, petitions, letters and affidavits.
- Coordinates filing of applications and petitions, translations of foreign documents and equivalency evaluation of foreign degrees.
- Do the research of foreign documents and immigrant and non-immigrant visa alternatives.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 0-2 years’ experience as an immigration paralegal.
- Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills, excellent organizational skills, interpersonal and communication skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or as a team.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must have excellent verbal communication and the ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Preferably Chinese-speaking candidates.
Please send resume with cover letter, and at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.