Updates on Transition Plan
Expected full implementation of changes will occur over 30-45 days. The DOL will provide information about:
- Date old form will expire
- Date of when new form becomes mandatory
- Updated form instructions
Proposed Revisions: May 2018
End-Client User Name: The DOL would require employers to provide legal business names for all entities where the H-1B employee is anticipated to work.
Worksite Address: The proposed LCA would allow employers to include up to 10 additional addresses for worksites.
H-1B Dependent Employers Claiming Master’s Degree Exemption: In addition to normal supporting documentation for the worker’s master’s degree, employers would need to provide the following:
- Name of accredited university
- Field of study for the degree earned
- Date degree earned
What Employers Should Know About Proposed LCA Revisions
- Current form may be used until DOL’s electronic system fully implements the changes
- Estimated time to prepare an LCA would increase considerably
- Employers may be required to file new LCA and H-1B petitions for employees moving within the same Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA)
- Employment site audits may increase to monitor LCA compliance for H-1Bs
Please keep in mind that certified LCAs will continue to be valid until the end of the validity period regardless of which form was used.
We will continue to monitor this change.
Please email us at email@example.com to learn more about proposed LCA revisions or to subscribe to our newsletter. We encourage you to share this and other alerts with others who may benefit from the information.