Tax Accountant - Newark
Chugh LLP is seeking an Accountant to perform independent audits of government operations. Come work in a collaborative team environment to make a positive impact and improve government operations.
The work involves conducting compliance and operational audits to identify areas of risk and make recommendations to help improve operational efficiency and effectiveness; as well as, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and procedures.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in Accounting.
- Familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, prioritize and complete work assignments/projects
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with peers, managers, and the public, on both individual and group levels.
- Ability to analyze problems with detail and accuracy, keep complex records, assemble and organize data, and prepare reports from such data.
- Knowledge of accepted principles and practices of auditing, following written audit programs, and preparing adequate working papers to document audit work performed and conclusions reached.
- 3-5 yrs experience in accounting or auditing.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) license is a plus.
Please send resume with cover letter, and at least three professional references to email@example.com.