The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is set to implement changes to Form ETA – 9035, Labor Condition Application (LCA) for H-1B, H-1B1 & E-3 Nonimmigrants. The anticipated date release of the final LCA is October 24-31, 2018.
Please see updated LCA information as of October 26, 2018.
Proposed Revisions from May 2018
End-Client User Name: Employer would be required to provide legal business name of all entities where H-1B employment is anticipated to occur.
Worksite Address: The proposed LCA will allow to enter up to 10 additional work-site addresses.
H-1B Dependent Employers Claiming Master’s Degree Exemption: Along with supporting documentation of attainment of Master’s degree, employers would need to provide the following:
- Name of accredited university
- Field of study of degree earned
- Date degree earned
What Employers Should Know About Proposed LCA Revisions
- Estimated LCA preparation time would increase substantially
- May require filing new LCA and H-1B Petition for employees moved within the same Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA)
- May increase employment site audits to ensure H-1B compliance with LCA
As always, we will continue to monitor this change.
To learn more about this issue or to subscribe to our newsletter, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage you to share this and other alerts with others who might benefit from its content.