By: Navdeep Meamber
Effective October 1, 2017, CBP has launched a new cloud-based website called the Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) System. Migration to the new TTP website will not impact current members who have been pre-approved for Global Entry programs.
The Department of Homeland Security provides Trusted Traveler programs for travelers, which allows registered and pre-approved members to use expedited lanes when crossing international borders, and at the airport. All applicants are vetted to ensure they meet the qualifications for the program to which they apply. Currently following programs are available for travelers:
- Global Entry- Travelers arriving in the US from international destinations.
- TSA Pre✓® – Domestic Travelers.
- SENTRI – Frequent Travelers into the U.S. from Mexico.
- NEXUS – Travel between the U.S. and Canada.
- FAST (North or South) – Commercial truck drivers who are transporting low-risk shipments into the U.S. from Canada and Mexico.