Long-Term Goals and Strategic Plan released by USCIS
January 31, 2023|
By: Ashima Chock
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services releases FY 2023-2026 Strategic Plan to further provide a road map for five priorities it laid out in 2022 namely: strengthen USCIS fiscal health and management, increase hiring and improve employee morale, promote efficiency in USCIS adjudications, deliver on humanitarian mission, strengthen public engagement and improve customer service.
The purpose and fundamental values behind this plan stands behinds a commitment to make the United States a stronger, more inclusive, and welcoming nation.
USCIS approaches the plan with three long-term goals:
- Improve the U.S. Immigration System: Develop immigration policies and procedure that promotes legal immigration, operational efficiency, better technological integration, inclusion, and promote naturalization and also integrate through immigration policies, regulations, strategies, processes, and communications that support national security and public safety.
- Advance USCIS Workforce: Invest in creating a diverse resilient workforce where employees feel valued and respected and creates a culture of high performing individuals at all levels of organization.
- Encourage Effective and Efficient Management and Stewardship: Better financial management through financial accountability via multiyear budget plans; management to have resources for modernization of IT infrastructure for better managing its workforce and to invest in its case management and internal systems for improving delivery of services. develop capability for organization in efficient and effective use to calculate priorities and demands to achieve the agency’s mission.
USCIS attempts to restore faith and trust with immigrant community through its strategic plan by attempting to simplify its policies, and increase operational efficiency through investing in technology and its workforce.
For any questions regarding new USCIS Strategic plan, please contact your trusted Chugh, LLP immigration professional.
- Corporate Law
- Family Law
- Class Action
- Corporate Formation And Formalities
- Mergers And Acquisition
- Joint Ventures
- Employment Law
- Real Estate
- Intellectual Property
- Doing Business In India
- Estate Planning
- Premarital, Marital And Cohabitation Agreements
- Divorce And Legal Separation
- Spousal Support / Alimony
- Child Custody, Visitation And Parenting Time
- Child Support
- Government Contract
- Corporate Immigration
- Employment Based Permanent Residence (green Card)
- H-1b Visas For Temporary Workers
- Intracompany Transferee Visa (l-1a/l1b)
- Tn Visas
- Labor Certification And National Interest Waiver
- I-9 Compliance
- O-1 Visa (individuals Of Extraordinary Ability)
- H-2 Visas
- B-1 Visa
- Family-based Immigration
- Permanent Residence
- K Visas
- International Adoption
- Us Citizenship & Naturalization
- Eb-5 Green Card
- Treaty Trader Visa E-1
- Treaty Investor Visa E-2
- Students And Work Authorization
- F-1 Student Visa
- Removal Defense
- Victims Of Crime
- U Visas
- T Visas
- Other Immigration Categories
- Landlord & Tenant
- Personal Injury
- Tax Law
- Overseas Education Consultancy