Call Us: 1.877. 24844 .85

|Email Us:

Public Records to be maintained by H1B Employers

By: Angelita Chavez | October 29, 2016

Q.What Records must an H-1B employer make available to the public?

H-1B employers must make the following materials available to the public within one working day of filing the Labor Condition Application (LCA) with the Department of Labor:

  1. The LCA;
  2. Rate of pay for the H-1B worker;
  3. Description or summary of the actual wage system;
  4. Prevailing wage rate and its source;
  5. Documentation that the notice requirement was satisfied;
  6. Summary of benefits offered to U.S. workers and H-1B workers;
  7. In the event of corporate change:
    1. Sworn or notarized statement by successor entity accepting all liabilities of predecessor entity;
    2. List of H-1B workers transferred to successor entity;
    3. Each affected LCA number and effective date;
    4. A description of successor entity’s actual wage system; and
    5. Successor entity’s employer identification number.

Q.What additional records must H-1B-dependent or willful violator employers make available to the public?

  1. List of “exempt” H-1B nonimmigrant workers; and
  2. Summary of recruitment methods, if employer hired any “non-exempt” H-1B nonimmigrant workers.

Q. Are H-1B employers required to provide copies of documents to the public?

No. But any member of the public requesting access to the documents must be allowed to capture the information through such means as transcription, scanning, or taking photographs, for example

Latest Posts


  • Corporate Law
  • Tax
  • Immigration
  • Litigation
  • Family Law
  • Class Action
  • Corporate Formation And Formalities
  • Mergers And Acquisition
  • Joint Ventures
  • Employment Law
  • Real Estate
  • Intellectual Property
  • Doing Business In India
  • Entertainment
  • Estate Planning
  • Premarital, Marital And Cohabitation Agreements
  • Divorce And Legal Separation
  • Spousal Support / Alimony
  • Child Custody, Visitation And Parenting Time
  • Child Support
  • Government Contract
  • Corporate Immigration
  • Employment Based Permanent Residence (green Card)
  • H-1b Visas For Temporary Workers
  • Intracompany Transferee Visa (l-1a/l1b)
  • Tn Visas
  • Labor Certification And National Interest Waiver
  • I-9 Compliance
  • O-1 Visa (individuals Of Extraordinary Ability)
  • H-2 Visas
  • B-1 Visa
  • Family-based Immigration
  • Permanent Residence
  • K Visas
  • International Adoption
  • Us Citizenship & Naturalization
  • Investors
  • Eb-5 Green Card
  • Treaty Trader Visa E-1
  • Treaty Investor Visa E-2
  • Students And Work Authorization
  • F-1 Student Visa
  • M-visas
  • Removal Defense
  • Victims Of Crime
  • Vawa
  • U Visas
  • T Visas
  • Other Immigration Categories
  • International
  • Landlord & Tenant
  • Personal Injury
  • Tax Law
  • Overseas Education Consultancy
  • Universal