Call Us: 1.877. 24844 .85

|Email Us:

Temporary Protected Status Applicants Can File Forms I-821 and I-765 Online

By: Angelita Chavez | November 30, 2021

By: Kirti Kalra

Beginning on November 29, 2021, all Temporary Protected Status (TPS) applicants can file Form I-821, Application for Temporary Protected Status and Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization online.



Prior to November 29, online filing for Form I-821 was limited to initial TPS applicants from specific countries. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) hopes online filing for all TPS applicants will make the process of applying for immigration benefits more effective, safe, and accessible for everyone.

Individuals affected

The countries currently eligible for TPS are Burma (Myanmar), El Salvador, Haiti, Honduras, Nepal, Nicaragua, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, and Yemen.

Online registration is open to both first time applicants and previous beneficiaries who are re-registering. Applicants have the option to request an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) by including a completed Form I-765 with Form I-821 or they can submit Form I-765 later. Individuals who file both forms together may get a faster response.

How to File Online

To file online, TPS applicants should create a USCIS online account on the official myUSCIS website. Signing up is free, and will allow individuals to access and file forms, and communicate with USCIS.

Applicants who do not file online can still make an online account to track the status of their form. Individuals filing by paper can use the Account Access Notice that USCIS mails to applicants for more information regarding linking cases to online accounts.


More information is available on the official USCIS TPS website or the official list of forms available to file online. For assistance filing for TPS or questions regarding the new policy, contact your Chugh, LLP immigration professional.

Latest Posts


  • Corporate Law
  • Tax
  • Immigration
  • Litigation
  • Family Law
  • Class Action
  • Corporate Formation And Formalities
  • Mergers And Acquisition
  • Joint Ventures
  • Employment Law
  • Real Estate
  • Intellectual Property
  • Doing Business In India
  • Entertainment
  • Estate Planning
  • Premarital, Marital And Cohabitation Agreements
  • Divorce And Legal Separation
  • Spousal Support / Alimony
  • Child Custody, Visitation And Parenting Time
  • Child Support
  • Government Contract
  • Corporate Immigration
  • Employment Based Permanent Residence (green Card)
  • H-1b Visas For Temporary Workers
  • Intracompany Transferee Visa (l-1a/l1b)
  • Tn Visas
  • Labor Certification And National Interest Waiver
  • I-9 Compliance
  • O-1 Visa (individuals Of Extraordinary Ability)
  • H-2 Visas
  • B-1 Visa
  • Family-based Immigration
  • Permanent Residence
  • K Visas
  • International Adoption
  • Us Citizenship & Naturalization
  • Investors
  • Eb-5 Green Card
  • Treaty Trader Visa E-1
  • Treaty Investor Visa E-2
  • Students And Work Authorization
  • F-1 Student Visa
  • M-visas
  • Removal Defense
  • Victims Of Crime
  • Vawa
  • U Visas
  • T Visas
  • Other Immigration Categories
  • International
  • Landlord & Tenant
  • Personal Injury
  • Tax Law
  • Overseas Education Consultancy
  • Universal