UPDATE: USCIS TO IMPLEMENT ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION SYSTEM FOR FY 2021 H-1B CAP SEASON
December 10, 2019|
US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has announced that it has successfully completed testing of the electronic registration system and will implement this registration process for the fiscal year (FY) 2021 H-1B cap season.
What is the Electronic Registration System?
For FY 2021 H-1B cap season, H-1B petitioners must first register electronically by providing basic information about the company and prospective H-1B employee, and pay a $10 registration fee for each employee.
What to Expect?
- Designated Electronic Registration Period: Initial registration period will be open from March 1 through March 20, 2020.
- Allocation of Annual H-1B Cap:
- USCIS will first count all registrations (regular cap and advanced degree) towards the annual cap. Then it will select petitions towards the advanced degree exemption.
- USCIS will also hold H-1B registrations on reserve in case the annual quota due is not satisfied.
Please Note: USCIS will soon post on its website step-by-step instructions on how to complete the registration process and announce outreach activities to ensure H-1B petitioners are familiar with the new registration system.
As always, we will continue to monitor for any updates on the registration period for the FY 2021 H-1B cap season.
Contact us for more information about preparing for the FY2021 H1B cap season and/or to subscribe to our newsletter, please email us at email@example.com. We also encourage you to share this and other alerts with others who might benefit from its contents.
- Corporate Law
- Family Law
- Class Action
- Corporate Formation And Formalities
- Mergers And Acquisition
- Joint Ventures
- Employment Law
- Real Estate
- Intellectual Property
- Doing Business In India
- Estate Planning
- Premarital, Marital And Cohabitation Agreements
- Divorce And Legal Separation
- Spousal Support / Alimony
- Child Custody, Visitation And Parenting Time
- Child Support
- Government Contract
- Corporate Immigration
- Employment Based Permanent Residence (green Card)
- H-1b Visas For Temporary Workers
- Intracompany Transferee Visa (l-1a/l1b)
- Tn Visas
- Labor Certification And National Interest Waiver
- I-9 Compliance
- O-1 Visa (individuals Of Extraordinary Ability)
- H-2 Visas
- B-1 Visa
- Family-based Immigration
- Permanent Residence
- K Visas
- International Adoption
- Us Citizenship & Naturalization
- Eb-5 Green Card
- Treaty Trader Visa E-1
- Treaty Investor Visa E-2
- Students And Work Authorization
- F-1 Student Visa
- Removal Defense
- Victims Of Crime
- U Visas
- T Visas
- Other Immigration Categories
- Landlord & Tenant
- Personal Injury
- Tax Law
- Overseas Education Consultancy