USCIS Temporarily Suspends Premium Processing for all Form I-129 and Form I-140 Petitions
March 20, 2020|
By: Angelita Chavez-Halaka; Gladys Gervacio; Jacqueline Valle
Effective immediately, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will temporarily suspend requests for premium processing service for all Form I-129 and Form I-140 petitions until further notice.
What is Premium Processing?
Premium processing (Form I-907) is an expedited service provided by USCIS to complete review of certain Form I-129 and Form I-140 petitions within 15 days or less.
What to Expect
All Form I-129 and Form I-140 petitions requesting premium processing service filed and accepted on March 20, 2020 onward will be rejected by USCIS.
- USCIS will also refund petitioners who already filed I-129 and I-140 petitions but were not processed by the agency within the 15-day period.
Which Cases will be Affected?
I-129: E-1, E-2, H-1B, H-2B, H-3, L-1A, L-1B, LZ, O-1, O-2, P-1, P-1S, P-2, P-2S, P-3, P-3S, Q-1, R-1, TN-1 and TN-2
I-140: EB-1, EB-2 and EB-3
Please note: Premium processing will now be suspended for all H-1B cases including fiscal year (FY) 2021 H-1B cap petitions. Previous announcements about resuming premium processing services for FY 2021 H-1B cap petitions are no longer valid.
We will continue to monitor premium processing and coronavirus-related updates to USCIS policy.
To learn more about measures USCIS is taking related to the coronavirus or to subscribe to our newsletter, email us at email@example.com. Please also forward this alert to your contacts who may benefit.
- Corporate Law
- Family Law
- Class Action
- Corporate Formation And Formalities
- Mergers And Acquisition
- Joint Ventures
- Employment Law
- Real Estate
- Intellectual Property
- Doing Business In India
- Estate Planning
- Premarital, Marital And Cohabitation Agreements
- Divorce And Legal Separation
- Spousal Support / Alimony
- Child Custody, Visitation And Parenting Time
- Child Support
- Government Contract
- Corporate Immigration
- Employment Based Permanent Residence (green Card)
- H-1b Visas For Temporary Workers
- Intracompany Transferee Visa (l-1a/l1b)
- Tn Visas
- Labor Certification And National Interest Waiver
- I-9 Compliance
- O-1 Visa (individuals Of Extraordinary Ability)
- H-2 Visas
- B-1 Visa
- Family-based Immigration
- Permanent Residence
- K Visas
- International Adoption
- Us Citizenship & Naturalization
- Eb-5 Green Card
- Treaty Trader Visa E-1
- Treaty Investor Visa E-2
- Students And Work Authorization
- F-1 Student Visa
- Removal Defense
- Victims Of Crime
- U Visas
- T Visas
- Other Immigration Categories
- Landlord & Tenant
- Personal Injury
- Tax Law
- Overseas Education Consultancy