US Consulates in Mexico and Canada are suspending operations due to coronavirus.
US Consular Operations in Mexico
Beginning on March 18, 2020, all of the US consulates in Mexico and the US embassy in Mexico City, will suspend nonimmigrant and immigrant visa appointment services until further notice.
- Applicants with an upcoming appointment will receive an email with a cancellation notice
- Nonimmigrant visa applications will continue to be accepted on a limited basis for emergency travel only
- US citizens will continue to receive only the necessary consular services and emergency visa services from the US embassy and consulates in Mexico
US Consular Operations in Canada
Beginning on March 17, 2020, all routine nonimmigrant visa appointments will be canceled by the US embassy and all the US consulates in Canada.
- The US consulate in Montreal will continue to process immigrant visa appointments in a reduced capacity
- The consulate will inform applicants as soon as possible if they need to reschedule their appointments
- The nonimmigrant visa (MRV) application fee will be valid for a visa application in the country where it was purchased for one year from the date of payment.
We will continue to monitor for updates on visa restrictions due to the coronavirus.
For more information about preparing for the FY 2021 H-1B cap season and/or to subscribe to our newsletter, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage you to share this alert with your relevant contacts.